Friday, March 25, 2011

 

The monkland119 garage.

I have worked hard.
The garage is organised and its great to be able to see where everything is.
The car is obviously not an item ever in our garage!
I have been through all my things and my stock book and it is all up to date. - apart from the pile on the dining room table.
There is one box full of all sorts of small books, magazines and ephemera which I have to sort out.


Open the garage door from the garden and this is what you see.
It is that plastic box that I still must get ready for sale.


China, glass, kitchen ware.

Beyond our vast store of folded plastic boxes there are stacks of jigsaw puzzles waiting to be done - about 200!
They are old and interesting and I wouldn't attempt to sell them without doing them and securing all the pieces in a bag.
But - there may be a way to lessen the amount.
I sold a large tray to a woman yesterday at Ford who wanted it to do her jig saws on. We got talking. It seems she loves just the same sort as me. She might take them - all, many or some, and I could charge her about 50p each.
She lives in Rustington and we drive through there most Saturdays after our Ford and Littlehampton exploits.
I must now sort out the puzzles and email a list to her.

Boxes of padded envelopes, which we buy in bulk. These are for EBay parcels.


Looking back to the garden - do note the fitted carpet and matching rug!

The work shop corner.




Books.
I do try to limit my book stock to a few subjects.
I have transport, war time, UK places and their history, household and children's.
These are all destined to be described for Ebay.


The birds are not forgotten.
The water pistol is to shoo away unwanted cats. Silly then to keep it in the garage - by the time we have gone outdoors and got the water pistol, any cat would have run anyway!
It has been most satisfying.
It was pleasing too, to steam our vegetables in the £2 steamer.
Now - lets have a cup of tea and later a shower and be ready to start all over again tomorrow.
We will be off to Ford to be on our more normal side of the tables.
I have done another posting of the Pilgrims Antiques blog. Do have a look.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/