Thursday, March 17, 2011

 

A brief summary

The day has slipped away again.
So, I shall leave posting a blog about short walk across The Tyne last Friday, until tomorrow.
The pictures are all on facebook, but I don't have the oomph to do it all over again this evening for the blog.

This morning we stocked up on food - a big trip to Asda.
Not exciting to write about at all.

This afternoon I spent a while chatting with Jamie - he had Laurel Avenue up on Google street view. I realised that I hadn't got google earth actually on my computer at all. So I spent a while downloading that.

Bill was out mowing grass for some time - the first cut of the season.

I did then get around to a bit of book describing. I had 10 ready to get listed, but only succeeded in finishing 6 of them.
One has a bid already and others have picked up watchers. I have one I paid quite a lot for - Guildford in the Great War, a fat tome published in 1934. I paid £5 for it, which I know is a reasonable price - now I want somebody to pay more than that.

This evening we had a roast dinner and opened a bottle of beer. It should have been Guinness on St Patrick's Day, but we opted for some dark Whitechapel Porter and it was superb. I realised that I enjoyed it far more than most wines.

That's it for now.