Saturday, March 12, 2011

 

Back home

We are snug, back in our nest.
We have had, and enjoyed, 4 very full days and covered over 1,000 miles.
I am so glad we did it - but we really needed this day to chill out.
And in Sussex it was not too chilly - some people even out and about looking just a little more summery in their dress.
They would have needed more on the Tyne Bridge in Newcastle yesterday!

Each day for the next few days I will post two blog entries - firstly about the day I have just enjoyed and then a look back to life during our trip.
There will be a second blog at the end of this posting.
I shall do it in chronological order - so you will have to wait to see Ashley and Liz's Newcastle abode.
It will be a lovely home - with money and time. The previous owner has sadly neglected it, meaning it looks a bit tatty and is structurally not good in places. Ashley and Liz will add an extension.

Today we shopped for some food.
We tidied and cleaned.
I have dealt with sales on EBay. I have learned that clothes with the right labels sell very well. Such clothes will in future be on my agenda at car boot sales - Monsoon, M&S, Laura Ashley - things like that will boost funds. I sold 6 articles of clothing today - things that I dreamed might fit me - and they sold for £48.
They are all wrapped and ready to go.

We dined on beef and Guinness sausages - good and meaty from a farm shop.

Ashley and Liz and Ecky have used this first weekend in Newcastle to have some fun.
They have been to the Makers Faire, part of the Science Fest.
http://makerfaireuk.com/files/UK_Maker_Faire-March_12_13_2011.pdf
They are going again tomorrow.

Now feel sleepy.

Scroll down to enjoy some pancakes!