Monday, February 28, 2011

 

Life in Pilgrims - then weary.

I should be full of life, telling you of a busy day at the shop.
But adrenalin has flown and I feel far from full of life now.
There have been loads of people in the shop and sales were good - but not one for me today!
Never mind, the week has been good enough. I sold 19 things since last Monday.
I took in, perhaps about 8 items to be absorbed onto the shelves. It took me all morning!
That is because I felt the need to change things around.
I do love my area. I feel it is good and interesting and that people like it.











That big meat plate is Clarice Cliffe - but not the style that fetches high prices.








Once again Bill and I were in the shop without a break.
Monika felt the need to be at home for a long lunch with her daughter, home sick from university.
The last week has sounded pretty horrendous - daughter has mumps and has been so swollen and in pain that life was impossible for about 4 days.
Fortunately Monika was back when we were at our busiest, when items from more than one customer were being piled up on the desk.
It reminded me of Rocking Horse at Ardingly Antiques Fair time.
And this week that fair is on and certainly one lot of customers (from Germany) would be attending tomorrow.
I look forward to being at the fair one time soon.
But not this week. We would naturally go on the cheaper day, Wednesday - and I have a dental appointment. I have broken teeth to show him again!
Must just add that Jamie has been writing about his Thailand life again.