Friday, February 25, 2011

 

Day of sleep

Today doesn't feel right.
Maybe it is because last night wasn't really right. I didn't sleep much.
Later on I did drop off and slept quite deeply for while.
After breakfast we went out - to Lidl for vegetables and things.
Then to Burstow Nurseries to see what ornamental trees they might have.
We came home with a small prunus, which will give us blossom and lovely autumn colours. If it survives!
And Bill got tempted by one of those plants with curly branches and produces long catkins.
And I chose a plant with reddish stalks carrying dark green evergreen leaves and will have small white flowers.
I don't know where the labels are just now - so the names can remain a mystery to you.
After lunch I fell asleep.
I am not sure if I have actually woken up properly since.
But I did make a fish pie, using some smoked cod that was in the freezer.
We also have some stewed apple for supper.
I think I will have a shower, then a cup of tea and then get to bed early.
I want strength back tomorrow because I am pretty sure we will be going to Ford. It may well still be raining at 6 o'clock, but should soon clear up.