Sunday, February 20, 2011

 

Sunday life

Cup of tea in bed again this morning.
Somehow there seemed no point taking ourselves off to either Dorking or Horley to see dull stalls in dull weather.

After breakfast I decided to colour my hair. I think the best compliment to be paid about my hair is that it wasn't noticed!
Inside me there is a hidden urge to colour hair brightly and crazily- but I guess the time for that is past.
I just want it to look good, shiny brown and not dull dark grey.
It looks natural.

This afternoon I have been busy.
It was the last match of the series in the young people's sports hall athletics competition.
Can it really be 30 years since I took the first team along to compete in sports hall athletics?
There was no doubt really that both Crawley boys and girls would take home the trophies.
The atmosphere was good, racing was intense and each person's contributions were valued.
Timekeepers were few in numbers - I was chief.
Lots of timing and paperwork.
We were joined by a young woman (not so very young, now in her 40s) who is interested in taking up timekeeping.
Now that would be a bonus!

We arrived home, had a quick cup of tea and then we were busy with wrapping and invoicing etc.
I had 6 Cherry Ames books for sale - a nurse character for young girls to read about in all sorts of nursing situations where all sorts of mysterious goings on have to be sorted. Cherry triumphs of course. They all sold and one sold for over £12 to an American.
Certainly it was all a bit frantic with action and paperwork for a while.

So the afternoon was spent involved in things I know I am good at. The best sort of satisfying afternoon.

And now sadly I am missing South Riding on TV - will have to catch up with it later. I don't think I have ever read it, though I am sure it would have been on a long ago things to do list.

I must gather together a few things to take to the shop tomorrow now, before I snuggle down to sleep.