Thursday, February 17, 2011

 

Life.... grasp it while you can!

Somebody else from my world died today. I have to admit that I didn't actually know Mary, but somehow having spent days with her husband David on the timekeeping steps, I felt as though I knew her and the whole family.
I have been timekeeping this evening and found it quite hard to concentrate. That's not a plus point when you are chief timekeeper!
I feel a complete empathy with the two grieving families this week.
My mind thinks of them and also the people I have lost.
Just now we are in the period of the year that takes me back to when my Mum was in her last days. I was so lost and confused, not mature enough or wise enough to work out very much, despite my 22 years.
But the day was bright and breezy.
Bill went out and tidied the front garden - a process which involved taking out the bird table. It was in a very poor state. We will replace it soon.
I walked to the post office with a couple of parcels.
I met Sylvie - glad to see her looking quite healthy. She has had almost everything going - Crohns Disease, cancer, a stroke; but she is not knocked down by it.
Every day of living for some of us feels like a bonus and inconveniences like leaking bags and aches and pains must be endured with some sort of gladness.
I am still a bit behind on ticking items on my things to do list.
Never mind, we enjoyed a cup of tea and natter with Isobel this afternoon instead.
Time for bed now - I am assuming that most people who read my blog are already tucked up and asleep. It is nearly half past eleven.
Though maybe the family in Thailand have already stirred to the sound of the alarm. I wonder which beds they are all in - Mam wrote that Jessica and John had gone to parent's bedroom to watch The Wizard of Oz on the TV and then fell asleep.
Sleep - that's a good thought.