Saturday, February 12, 2011

 

Sun, sea and sand,shopping and sleeping.

With the promise of good weather, the car boot sale at Ford was busy this morning.
White vans everywhere in the car park, far more stalls than we have seen so far this year and lots of people.
We needed well over 2 hours to walk round it all - including a necessary trip back to the car to unload the trolley.
Bill bought lots of railway stuff - that's good, because his Pilgrims area had grown thin in that department.
I spent some time with the Canterbury Couple. We don't know their names - or even where they come from; but we first met them in Canterbury. I buy toys and 50s stuff from them.
I also bought clothes - a wonderful retro style sun dress was the prize. Roll on the hot sunshine!
We were much later into Wetherspoon's than on other Saturdays. It is almost like a breakfast club these days, with so many familiar faces.
I always ask for more hot water to make a second mug of tea with my breakfast. This week the guy just took the mug and got me the water, without me having to ask!
We bought other clothes in a couple of charity shops. I really must clear out the wardrobe a bit.
We also bought cake - Help the Aged had a wonderful display of cakes of all sorts in the window.
Silly me!
I don't eat cake do I? Yes, I have succumbed to a life of eating things which upset me once again.
I have been strongly reminded by my digestion that this is not a good idea.
Then we took a walk along the river and then along the beach. The tide was out, the sun shone and the sea was a total contrast to its mood last Saturday.


Riverside view by P.

P.
Gulls on the mud at the bottom of the lifeboat ramp.
Careful gulls - its slippery down there!
It is just where I fell two weeks ago - and still have good cause to remember it.

P.
I love a good pun - but I fear the name of this boat is not really a good pun - enlarge it so see Pure Deck-adence.

B.
A dream place to live - stylish apartments by the river.
These flats do not have the same sort of fashionableness as those found at say, Brighton Marina.


P.
Fish and chips on the wall by the river.

B.
The swans were treated to 2 of Bill's pieces of breakfast toast.
I obviously didn't order any toast.

P
Up the steps from the fishing boat with a basket of fish for the stall by the river. You can't buy any fresher.


B. General river view


P. Another fishing boat heads up the river to home.


P. Sun on the sea.


P. Gentle sea.


P. Shadow on the sand


B bicycle track on the sand.


B. Breakwater in the sunshine.
I have acknowledged the photographer in these pictures because when I put them (and quite a few more) on facebook, somebody asked me which of us is the primary photographer. She complimented he/she on a good eye.
Well, its both of us.
We got home, exhausted at about half past two and completely zonked out!
We have eaten almost nothing since out breakfast.
I did have my piece of the chocolate and honeycomb cake from the charity shop and Bill has eaten a large chunk of delicious bread pudding (just a beautiful memory for me - bread pudding), sold by the bakers who sell at Ford.
Watched some of the rugby match from Twickenham - knowing that Jamie and Mam were watching it too.
Checked football scores of course - Brighton won again. And Crawley somehow over turned a half time score of 2-0 to Wrexham and won 3-2.
This evening watched a history of the Black Adder programmes. I hadn't realised that the first series had not actually been received very well. I just know that in this house the scripts seemed to have been learned off by heart and acted out by our boys on many occasions.
Oh and talking of TV at that time, I bought 3 videos this morning with the complete first series of Northern Exposure. This was another programme that was much loved by those who found it.
Time for bed. We are going to a collectables and flea market indoors tomorrow.
We will see lots that we want, but maybe very little that we can afford to invest in.

Good night.
Bill's photo of the half moon taken from our back garden.