Monday, February 07, 2011

 

Difficult times for some folk and a good time with folk.

It has been a day to feel the pain of others.

It seems I started a trend last week, not recommended to follow. I went into the shop last Monday telling of a painful fall. Today it was Monika's turn - her wrist hurt so much her family insisted she went to A & E, but it is not broken. To say "just" severely sprained belittles it - the pain is bad and makes her hand pretty unusable. Gradually other aches and pains are filtering through.

I also feel exceeding pain for Ashley and Liz. They are now in a huge quandary for the survey on the bungalow they want has revealed many more defects than they envisaged. Could they afford to put things right? Do they want to risk it? Could they put in a much lower offer?
This is not an issue that anybody needs and in these days of some uncertainty for Liz (owing to very poor health of her father), the stress must be just awful. I know that whatever they decide or is forced upon them, that all will be for the best in the end. Keep your strength in your belief for a good future A & L.

Our day at the shop has been just fine. I am pleased for Bill that last week he sold better than I did. He needs a boost.
One little boost he has had is a new camera. Well, second hand of course.
It is a Sony digital camera that he decided to risk a whole pound on at Ford on Saturday. It works!

He has been playing with it at the shop.

One customer was carrying this dear little dog.
Bill then photographed a series of views of his own area. I have picked 2, and might use the others when I put his area on the shop blog.


I picked this one because it shows the bell, adorned with a Land Rover, that was bought at Denham's auction last week.

Soldiers and model cars in the cabinet.
I was also taking photographs for the Pilgrims Antiques blog.
I concentrated on Jill's area this week - lots of glass. We sold one of her wine glasses today, dating from about 1820, for £30.


This evening I returned to my roots and enjoyed what had been important to me in the early 1960s, but somehow drifted away from me ever since.
Time for me to return to folk music I feel.
It was the BBC 2 folk awards evening, which I could watch on TV. The red button opens many doors!
If nothing else it is clearly where I belong on the fashion front....many of the women were dressed rather like me! Hey, there was even one singer in trainers and a skirt!
I think I should get the album of the year by Eliza Carthy and her mother Norma Waterson.
Maybe we should get active once again with our library - after all many are in danger of closure it seems. We could borrow folk albums for very little money.