Tuesday, February 01, 2011

 

Bits and pieces

If all goes to plan I could be taking a trip to Denhams auction rooms on Thursday to hand over £120 plus charges.
But the best laid plans do not necessarily work out at an auction sale.
We have left half a dozen written bids for things in the general auction sale tomorrow. I certainly don't want to spend all day there.
Of course the things I like will be things that other people like and the person who is in the room is often thinking "Why let it go, when just one more bid will get it?"
It is all a bit of fun for me.
And I was glad to get out of the house and leave my aches and pains behind.

I have an appointment to see Dr O - but not for 2 weeks, because he is on holiday. I could see another doctor in the practice, but I have grown accustomed to Dr O, and my situation isn't urgent. The receptionist immediately thought that an osteoporosis test might be a good idea. She had had one recently.
Everybody is doing it!
A face book friend ( a much younger than me friend) has had the test today.

Ashley has had a quick survey done on their Bangor house.
It looks like things could be sorting themselves out now. He has mentally planned moving to Newcastle on 23rd of Feb or 3rd March. Those dates might not work out, but it would be good for them all.

Time to deal with the last payment for Bill's badges. I like it when all the parcels from a batch of ebay sales are on their way with no delays.