Wednesday, January 26, 2011

 

Still waiting for that rare commodity, vitamin D.

I saw Dr Oliver this morning.
We have had to accept that vitamin D injections are now almost impossible to get and so I have been prescribed tablets.
Now, even the tablets are not generally stocked in the pharmacies and I was told that I would be waiting a week before my supplies come in.
Dr O even wondered if the pharmacy would be able to get any at all!
"But not to worry" he said" I could always go and buy them in Holland and Barratt (or presumably any such supplier) and they don't cost very much.
He wondered why there couldn't be arrangements to take prescriptions to the alternative medicines suppliers.
And anyway, why can't my pharmacy get the tablets from H&B for me?
The important thing is that my vitamin D levels are increased.
This is more important than calcium supplements because vitamin D increases calcium levels......what we really need is a very long sunny summer; then everybody would increase their vitamin D.
We already know about the H & B tablets, because Bill is taking them.
I read out the symptoms of deficiency and he felt he had a fair number of them and wanted the tablets.
Dr O says that most people at this time of year are lacking in vitamin D.

One of the symptoms is tiredness and lack of oomph!
I certainly have that.
Today we have pottered.
Bill has been preparing some interesting large glass slides to sell on EBay.
I added 6 more items to the things for sale and sold 4 more things.
I also caught up with our accounts for our buying and selling.
I hadn't done December and so I did 2 months worth today.
The accounts are for my interest, but could be of benefit if a taxman should ever ask to know about them.
The accounts show that we make profit - doing quite nicely during this financial year. Certainly we have enough for holidays.
But what the accounts do not show is how the car, the phone, the computer and other things are a necessary part of any profit making.
To me me buying and selling is a hobby and the car, phone, computer are just part of our normal life.
But an accountant could sort that out for me if need be.

I have also sorted out some photos for the first shop blog of the year.
I am pleased with the little tour around the shop and will get it published tomorrow.