Monday, January 17, 2011

 

Pilgrim's Antiques centre West Street, Dorking

It has been a happy day of working.
The morning rain didn't keep people away - though it was busier when it is was dry with an almost springlike mildness in the air.
The takings were not as impressive as sometimes - but Bill, Monika and I took almost all the money today.
I sold 3 items today - including 2 that were taken in only this morning. That included the curtains, that I photographed for the blog yesterday. I hope Emma, who bought them, will make something for herself at one of the many fairs that she does.
My first job was to move out a small shelf unit and replace it with a bigger one - one that I had written up as stock in the hope of selling it. I think it is more useful to me than a customer!
This then required the moving of every other single thing that I have for sale!

Some of my pictures are not the best - I failed to notice for some that the flash wasn't on.


This shows the set of three shelves on top of another set of shelves.
These shelves have been assigned to my "gentleman's den".
Next to it is "the nursery" - children's items and pretty ornaments.


Here is the kitchen.


This picture shows basically the totality of my little area.




I photographed the 1950s/60s items of a pastel sort of range of colours, rather than the bright, bold colours that I have photographed before.




Pretty china and other more feminine things.



Bill at ease in the front area of the shop, with his own shelves and cabinet behind him.
Next to him is Jill and her glass and china.


I like these pictures.....how arrogant of me!
But they capture the joy and relaxed feeling that I have amongst my things in the shop.
The new look I created today is pleasing and I rest secure in the knowledge that I seem to have got things as I want them - and the customers like the way I do things.