Saturday, January 15, 2011

 

Normal sort of Saturday

Up before dawn - was drizzly and damp.
But Ford was quite busy.
We didn't buy a great deal. I am interested in an item that looks like a miniature book of old 78 records - only about 3 inches in diameter.
They are in fact coasters and the titles are names of drink. Very 1950s! Would look so right on a kitsch 1950s bar in the lounge!

We breakfasted at Littlehampton. I now have a leaflet with the calories, fat content, sugar content etc etc of every single food item that Wetherspoons serve.
Calories shouldn't worry me - just my health and well being. But I can't help being a bit disappointed that after my first week of much more suitable eating, I have hardly lost an ounce. But I am delighted that my digestion is behaving better.
We chatted with a lovely couple - the sort where you feel you know each other quite well after just a fairly brief conversation.

We walked out to the lifeboat station - mainly to give Bill's left over toast to the swans; but this morning the swans were gathered further down stream. Maybe it was more sheltered - the wind was very sharp, despite the mild temperatures (well, mildish!).

We didn't want to be out much in the wind, so we went to Rustington to explore all the charity shops. I bought a Marks and Spencers red skirt and a lovely green top. I had already bought some white Nike trainers at the boot sale.

Then it was home to sort out items selling on ebay.

Farewell to a little ornament that has been in my stock book since August 2004! A little USSR ornament of a squirrel will be off to Scotland on Monday. It didn't actually spend much time on shop shelves - it was so tiny that it got a bit lost amongst my stuff. I had bought it in with some stuff one day when I had been on duty in Rocking Horse. I probably didn't really want it - but you know how it is, one tries to be good to people who come into shops. I sold it today for a little less than I paid for it - but the pleasure comes from finally passing it on.

I enjoyed an email today from my brother - who has some postcards from our cousin to copy - all sent to people in the family. We learn that our great grandmother had a pet name for our grandmother - "Chicks". We never knew that - do people always learn how human and interesting the previous generations were too late to do anything about it? Maybe its just me.
Looks like the weather in the morning will be sort of OK - so up early again to go buying at Dorking.

Time for bed now.!