Wednesday, January 12, 2011

 

Pottering through Wednesday.



I thought you might like to see this modern art glass paperweight, which is now for sale on Ebay. I have held it back for quite a while because I like it. But it is time to move it on and have something else to like. It was made at a Cumbrian glass studio.


Bother - it was raining when we woke up!
I shouldn't grumble about the rain of course. It all leads to the Spring time that we covet; and anyway however tedious it is, there is no danger.



The entire community of Forest Hill was airlifted out of the flood-hit town yesterday with more evacuations planned for Laidley and Grantham during the Lockyer Valley's devastating floods.
This is from an Australian newspaper. I don't know exactly where Dad's cousin Phyllis lives - but we send to a Forest Hill PO Box number.



And today I read of deaths in Brazil from flooding too.



In fact, later in the morning the rain eased for us. We drove into town to do a bit of Asda shopping - healthy foods for us and Dreamies for the cat.
We found he loved Dreamies just after George cat died and we felt so sorry for Harry, we treated him. Now his regular routine is that he miaows and squeaks at us as soon as the computer is switched off (he knows that little tune) , not believing that we would abandon him for the night without a few Dreamies!



Then we walked over to the mall and into Boots to talk to the pharmacy department again.
No, they do not have vitamin D injections.
They will try again in February!
Time to go and see Dr O, I think. Or do I just have to wait? I might ask him for the next prescription so that they can supply the next dose straight away. I probably don't have to talk to him about diet - after 5 days of restraint, my digestion has settled.

We met an ex neighbour at the pharmacy, who I haven't seen for years. The last time, I think, she was with her daughter and grandaughter was in a pram. Grandaughter is now 16! Roger would recall the neighbour's ex husband - his name was Clements and had a nick name, which I forget. But of course we didn't talk of him - the divorce was a very long time ago.



This afternoon I described and listed the remaining 9 items in the box.
I am looking forward to seeing more bidders than watchers.
I also cleared the dining room table - last weekend's purchases are now written up, labelled and stowed on the shelves in the garage.

Weather tomorrow will be greyer and gloomier than today - but it looks like Saturday could be OK. I hope so.
We will be timekeeping tomorrow evening - indoors.