Tuesday, January 04, 2011

 

Feeling sluggish

I am feeling sluggish.
Yuk!
I have never really worked out why the good Lord decided that slugs should be a part of our world and now today I am claiming to be "like a slug".
Do slugs feel weary and lacking motivation?
Perhaps they do on Tuesdays!

It was extremely dark when we woke up - dark grey skies overhead and so we were unable to see the reason for the darkness. Up there, above the clouds a shadow was blocking out 75% of the sun - another eclipse not to be seen by us.

Later Bill and I walked into town.
That called for another "Yuk!".
The litter pickers up have been enjoying their Christmas holidays and so the detritus of eating and drinking on the move was strewn all around us.
How sad that there are people content to create such an awful mess.

We collected the latest batch of medications from Crombies the chemist and continued into town.
There was very little we wanted.
I did want to find another large diary to keep by the computer - they were half price in Sussex Stationers, so I didn't pay much more than for the one I bought back in the summer; and that must be somewhere.

We then went to Boots to chase up another medication I have been prescribed. No, they still don't have the Vitamin D syringes. The person who does the ordering is off with "flu".
The inverted commas are my way of showing that I think many of the so called flu bugs are vague, mildish viral infections.
Who knows?
I was assured she would be back tomorrow and that the person helping me would make sure she was aware that I was still waiting. They will phone me.
Talking of infections - Bill has one. He has a sinus/catarrh infection which comes and goes and is getting him down.
I am not sure if he wants to contact the doctor about it.
I have medical things to do tomorrow - its blood test day for me.

We caught the bus back home.

This afternoon Bill went up into the loft to throw down many things that are up there which are rubbish.
One of the empty large cardboard boxes came down and the corner has bruised the back of my hand. Ouch!
Bill took the rubbish to the dump.
We also sorted out all the card that we and others save for us to wrap books sold on EBay.
People appreciate the trouble we take with wrapping and we appreciate others saving their cereal boxes etc.
We eat very little cereal - Bill has some most days, but not very much.
Thank goodness Roger and Sue eat rather more.
We have 58 maple and pecan nut cereal boxes that they have emptied! And I must have used many during the last months.

I have sorted out my EBay books and computer folders and have started to describe. I have a dozen interesting books written and published in Brighton about various aspects of 20th century life there. I am not supposed to be reading them just now - but of course I get absorbed.

Ashley, Liz and Ecky are off to Newcastle tomorrow to seek out their new home.
The house he and I were raving over last night is now off the agenda. The estate agents have not updated their web site for weeks and it is now no longer for sale.
Maybe they will now opt for the detached bungalow.

OK - this slug will creep up the stairs to bed fairly soon! Goodnight.