Wednesday, December 29, 2010

 

The days between Christmas and New Year.

We are tired.
Perhaps our bodies are craving normality.
Yesterday, though, I admit I was feeling a bit flat. The weather was damp and murky, I didn't want to do shopping, but I thought it would be good for some jollity and activity to continue.
So I was very pleased when Jenny and Mike called round.
And then pleased again when Julie and Roger invited us to join them yesterday evening.
Oh, but I was tired.
It is time to put myself back onto an eating regime that enables me to feel more alive and energetic.
I have enjoyed cakes, pastries, titbits, chocolate and so on - and my digestion is pleading with me to treat it more kindly.
Bill seemed even more tired and run down than me and I guess we weren't very good company. Nevertheless, we were out until half past midnight - so we were able to wish Roger a happy birthday.
We slept well - indeed we didn't wake up until about 10 o'clock.
Despite the tiredness I wanted more to happen.
The weather looked very uninviting - fog and dampness. But I wanted to be out.
There was some shopping to be done and I decided that a trip down to Asda at Brighton Marina would be fun.
I think half of Sussex and beyond had decided that The Marina was the place to be.
We found a place to park and went off to find some lunch.
There was not a free table in Wetherspoons. What should we do?
Maybe do the shopping first.
Then we thought we would try one more time to eat - found a table but we were told that people were having to wait three quarters of an hour for food.
Frankie and Bennie's was just as bad.
So, OK - back to the car and round to the Asda car park.
It took us 20 minutes to get out of the car park.
We had had enough.
Shopping can wait until tomorrow - in Crawley.
This evening we have enjoyed 2 sorts of turkey meals - one Chinese in style and the other Thai. It looks like there is enough for tomorrow.
Lets have an early night now - we will be late again tomorrow.
There will be a Monk gathering at our house.