Wednesday, December 22, 2010

 

Day of rest.

Nice leisurely early morning....after a cup of tea in bed, it was quarter to ten when we had some breakfast.
Then we had some minor chores to do.
There was post to go to the post office.
Then we called in at our doctor's. Somebody in the office rang me last week to ask if I knew there was a blood test form waiting for me; it's been there since October!
So I now have that, but will wait until next year for the test.
Bill had received a letter asking him to make an appointment for an over 70s health check.
We assumed that would be next year too.
But no - there are slots available this week. So early on Christmas Eve (9 o'clock) Bill will receive a medical once over.

Having got to that side of the town we thought it was not that much further to Horley. I thought I would see if Lidl there still had beef wellington.
They did not.
So - Waitrose it would have to be; we drove along there and saw immediately that getting parked was likely to take a long time.
Tomorrow we will try again in Dorking, which we intend to visit. We can walk round from the antiques shop, which at least avoids the parking problem....though I wouldn't mind betting that the shop will be jam packed.

The rest of the day has felt rather flat.
I enjoyed yesterday, but now am tired.
It doesn't seem to matter what I eat at the moment - my digestion behaves very badly every day. It is rather exhausting.
Even immodium isn't being a lot of help.
I have pottered, played games, watched some TV and dozed for a while.

I am looking forward to being out and with people again tomorrow at the shop - even if it very cold.

It doesn't look like the temperature will be rising far above zero over the Christmas weekend so the snow will remain. Today it has melted quite a lot - the footprints across our front garden have lost their definition - the big boots of the postman, the fox, a cat or two, the large feet of the pigeon and the delicate little prints of the smaller birds all are destined for oblivion at some point.

But enough of cold weather. Jamie sent pictures today of Jessica and John decorating their Christmas tree in Thailand. Ruth is on her way now to Madagascar.

How lovely just to imagine the sunshine and warmth.
Time for bed soon - the evenings of darkness seem so long that by half past nine we tend to feel it must be bedtime.