Sunday, January 09, 2011

 

Buying and Selling.


I start with a picture of a sauce boat and its saucer.
I bought it for £1 at Dorking boot sale sometime before Christmas.
I knew what was being sold.
It is a Wedgwood item and the designer is Eric Ravilious.
It is now on EBay - my starting bid is £10; there are three watchers already. I am hoping for more than that of course. Who knows?

Up and out in the dark again this morning - a completely different sort of morning.
Ice had to be scraped off the windscreen and the surface of the roads was icy.
I feel a bit sorry for local councils and the gritters - yesterday we were almost in double figures all day and by dawn it was icy again.
Gritters hadn't been out - we saw one car that had spun 360 degrees and backed himself in a hedge.
In Oxforshire the large Tesco lorry that hit one householder's wall was the 7th thing to hit the wall this morning!


But we arrived at Dorking safely.
Stall holders were there - but nobody had anything we were prepared to buy for selling on.
It was not a completely wasted journey. I needed some slippers - looked at some rather expensive ones in Littlehampton only yesterday.
Warning Paula! Don't buy rather expensive things in shops!
This morning I bought two pairs - brand new (in their boxes). There was one pair for £4 and a lovely zip up fluffy pair for just £2.
We also bought vegetables from the very good greengrocery stall. I need vegetables, providing I cook them so as they are soft enough to chew and digest.


This weekend was a free listing time on EBay.
It was time to sort out things that because of a higher opening bid that we would want to set would cost more to list.
Bill and I have been busy.
Photographing and listing.
We saved ourselves about £6 by listing things today.


Today has been difficult - my addiction to nibbling and my refusal to respond to it has made me twitchy. My hands felt ready to dip into nibbly foods very often. But I am pleased now to recall that I have not lost control.
Food has been more than adequate.
So far today I have had 4 rice cakes, topped with things that I deem to be OK - houmous, ham, chutney, soya and garlic spread.

After the boot sale I made a breakfast of a small jacket potato, beetroot and cole slaw. I think the mayonnaise stuff in the cole slaw might not be best for me, but I have a large pot to eat up.
This evening we had cod tagine with boiled potatoes and carrots, cauliflower and sprouts.
Time now for Lark Rise to Candleford. Hooray!

Tomorrow I shall share with you some pictures of the Thailand Monks at the Mining Museum. Some may have seen them already on facebook.
The Welsh Monks, maybe soon to be Northern Monks are back at home, exhausted. I will not intrude to hear their news this evening.