Tuesday, January 11, 2011

 

Lazy Tuesday

It must be a Tuesday.
I know it must be because it is lazy day.
We got up late - breakfast at gone half past nine.
I did some food preparation whilst Bill was visiting the osteopath.
The fruit basket is now clear of all the fruit that looked like it might not be eaten - no, I certainly didn't throw it away.
I chopped it up and cooked it - much easier for me to digest anyway. It is delicious; stewed apples with mango, grapes and kakifruit.

I haven't done much that I intended to - yawned a lot.

John has been enjoying his birthday - and our parcel did arrive safely.
He will be so pleased with his Toy Story lego set.

I have been thinking about people in the Brisbane area of Queensland.
Dad's cousin Phyllis is really close to the flooding - but safe. She lives at Forest Hill in the Lockyer Valley. She is busy helping others of course.
Her family are close by and they are also working hard to secure their belongings and keeping watch to see if they need to flee.
A friend reports that his own cousin and family are in Toowoomba - where deaths have occurred. The cousins have not been in touch. Most people in Toowoomba have left their homes I should imagine.
The speed at which the floods take over the land is astonishing. The power of the water is immense. It has been described as an inland tsunami.

So, Tuesday is drawing to a close. What shall we do tomorrow? I have the urge to be out doing something interesting - but rain is forecast.
Plenty to catch up with round here anyway.