Monday, January 24, 2011

 

Monday on the Pilgrim's Way

My French poodle has been much admired by a couple of other dealers - Monika wanted it, of course!
He is sitting by a 1950's black and white dinner plate which has Parisienne life on it - including a poodle on a lead, walking the boulevards.
But he has not been sold today.
In fact, woe is me, I sold nothing of mine today.
But once again the week has been pretty good.

Nobody, except Monika, sold very much today.
There were quite a lot of people through the door and the atmosphere was good.
I took some pictures which will be the basis of a re-start of a Pilgrims Antiques blog.

This afternoon I enjoyed a walk to the post office; then, as last week I popped into Marks to see what was being reduced in price.
Thus tomorrow we will have luscious looking salads with crayfish and watercress etc which will be enjoyed with a jacket potato.
I had eaten my rice at lunchtime, but still felt peckish - probably because it felt cold.
I called in at Julian Graves and bought some bags of rice crackers and tasty rice and seaweed crackers - for pennies. One big bag was 30p - end of line stock it said.

This week we really did appreciate that it was not night time dark as we drove home. We could make out the branches of the winter trees across the fields.

The north wind doth blow - but there are signs of spring. How lovely to see a flowering snowdrop on Roger's website yesterday.