Thursday, January 20, 2011

 

Social networking of many kinds.

Lazy morning - couldn't or wouldn't get going.
Never mind.
This afternoon we posted parcels and then went to see Bill's sister Jane and husband Geoff.
Thank you Jane for the tea and the cafetiere.
We chatted about health (what else?) and holidays.
It was pleasant and warm - not very warm outdoors today.

It seems that Greenwich Mean Time is up for discussion again.
I think I am happy for things to be left as they are.
Winter morning darkness is bad enough now, without adding another hour of it.
And on Winter afternoons there is nothing nicer than pulling the curtains and feeling cosy indoors. That moment might as well be around half past four as half past five really. In summer the long hours of daylight fit in reasonably well with my life - I don't need it light until 11 o'clock at night.
How about you?

Ashley has posted a good web site exposing scams.
Scams on the computer come in all shapes and sizes and facebook is not exempt from them.
I think I am good at spotting them - but got caught recently.
Somebody I trust seemed to have sent a link to something and I decided to have a look. I didn't get far - but far enough to have the same link automatically being sent to many of my contacts. I realised then that I only received the link because the same thing had happened to my friend.
I quickly added an IGNORE comment to what I appeared to have sent to friends and I hope no damage was done.
But I am glad that there is this website - facecrooks - which can give up to date advice.
Facebook is fun and useful as a tool for keeping communications open - but like many things which are fun we have to be careful how we use it.

Ready for bed soon - tomorrow we are doing more family visiting.