Wednesday, January 19, 2011

 

Working from home

Today was the day to say farewell to some old friends.
The blue paperweight, photographed the other day on these pages, has graced the shelves at home and in the shop. I bought it at Ford mid 2008.
Now it is packed up and addressed and will be off to a new home in Sandwich, Kent.
There was not much profit in it - but I have had pleasure.
There was considerably more profit in the Eric Ravilious sauce boat. I bought it very cheaply because the dealer at Dorking didn't recognise it for what it was.
Bill has passed on some model cars today - rather tatty ones, that he maybe had aimed to renovate some time.
He was not expecting profit from them - just his money back; but a couple of models now ready to be posted to Germany fetched more than expected.
Today has been busy with all the usual ebay tasks - and most of the items were more awkward to wrap than books.
Both of us all got busy with describing too.
Bill sorted out some badges he had on a pin board, not being looked at admired anymore. He sorted them into 27 lots and they now face their luck amongst the bidders.
One of the books I listed today has a bid already.
We already have a pile of big parcels for the post office.

And that has been our day.

I intend to make a cuppa soon and watch the play about the life of Hattie Jaques. I like biographical things.
Her life was beyond anything I would have thought of when I was young.
To me she was a fat, old person!
Not the sort of person who could have fun or be silly.
And she was quite silly - unable to choose between husband and lover she decided to set up house with the pair of them!