Tuesday, January 18, 2011

 

Tuesday work, shopping, cat and moon.

Tuesday - housework and rest.
Not really much rest today, though we woke up quite late.
Bill, bless him, tends to be the house cleaner, while I cook and do laundry.
Today it was mostly cooking.
We have a bowl brim full of luscious stewed apples and blueberries.
And I used some apples to enhance some red cabbage, with onions, mushroom and nutmeg. Bill claims not to like red cabbage very much, so adding a bit of disguise helps it along a bit.

I also spent a little while skype chatting with Mam.
I don't know if was something I said.... but today she has set up her own email address and her own facebook page.
I think she realises that Jamie is too absorbed in work, his blogs and his immediate environment and she gets left out of knowing things that go in the family.

By lunch time the sun had appeared.
So a little later we walked into town, via the post office.
The temperature was lower than yesterday - close to freezing this evening.
But the air was fresh and good.
Our route takes us across the footbridge over the railway.
Bill looks out longingly for a train to be coming.
He was in luck today, the station announcer was informing those on the platform that the train to Victoria Station was approaching.
But watching the electric train glide under the bridge is not the same as being snorted at by an old steam locomotive, which Bill would remember at this spot in his childhood.
My mission in town was a trip to Marks and Spencers for some black tights.
We also needed a small amount of food and to save the walk to Asda, we found what we needed in M&S.
I found a few bargains - and also a few treats.
I was so tempted by many of their items.....but actually it was the pork pies that seemed to be calling to me! And for now those are off my menu for they have fat and wheat.
Once my digestion is settled then I can include such things in small quantities occasionally.

Today has brought me some tremendous joy.
After 14 years I now have a cat who likes to sit on my lap. No, we do not have a new feline friend; Harry has just realised in his old age, that sitting up close with me feels good for him.

As we travelled back from town on the bus we saw the rising moon. It looked huge above the horizon.
It is not actually full moon until tomorrow.
Bill took his tripod out to try and capture the image - he did a good job I think.