Tuesday, January 25, 2011

 

Tuesday - shopping and at home.

Tuesday.
Got up late. That was good.
We did some shopping in Lidl - such bargains, but we always spend more than we intend. Well, if something is on special offer, then might as well buy three, although we didn't need any this week at all.
Home to play boggle against the world and my brother.
Frustrating!
I didn't seem to be doing as well as I would like - and then the very game after brother had to leave to return to a Wiltshire classroom, I was on the top of the leader board.
I couldn't show off then - so I take this opportunity now!
This afternoon we spent some time doing something I nver thought I would do.
We have sent for some net curtains for the entrance hall/Bill's office window.
I know we had a French cotton curtain there (with a picture of a garden and a cat) - and of course we still have it.
It is in need of some attention.
But somehow French cotton doesn't seem like "nets" as beloved by so many.
One day, when we splash out and enjoy another day trip to France we'll have to see if we can find something else like it.
For the time being there will be butterflies at the window.
I have spent some time de-cluttering. No, not the bedroom cupboards.
I have been through all my facebook apps and things....hark at me, referring to my apps!
Many things I have looked at are not needed - and probably were never worth looking at.
The crayfish salad (cheap from M&S) was superb. There is some left over for my lunch tomorrow.
Now I will put the kettle on and watch the programme about a tribe - not from the deepest Amazon, but from amongst us all in the UK.
The gypsy culture is fascinating and their codes of honour amongst themselves are solid and loving.
I don't know where all the money comes from - but the clothes they wear for special occasions can look so over the top as to be ridiculous and cost a fortune.