Monday, January 31, 2011

 

Busy Day.

Tired!
Bit queasy too - maybe effect of both pain and pain killers.
Ah well - I have experience of both and know that these things pass.

Yet again I can claim to have had a good week in the shop - amongst sales were 3 of the things I had taken in last Monday. You might recall the 1950s doll and the traditional shopping basket that I photographed for the blog - they have gone already from my life.

I needed to write up and make price tickets for the stock I took in - the lovely 1950s blankets, one of the heavy Italian glass bowls and so on. It all looks good.
I have taken photographs of Stephen's things in readiness for this week's Pilgrim's Antiques blog.
I took parcels to the post office and enjoyed the walk in the chilly sunshine.
And I have opened cabinets for people and dealt with their inquiries and, best of all, sold things.

As I ate my lunch I browsed a week old newspaper and later showed Bill adverts for holidays in Malta, which was one of the places that Bill thought that maybe we could explore this year some time.

Now yawning lots - and every yawn strains my rib cage. I think I can assume that ribs have been cracked again.
I think I shall go and chat with Dr O once again.
My Aunty Vera had osteoporosis. I would rather not have it - but my constitution as it shows up in blood tests would suggest I would be prone to it. I would like to persuade the doctor to send me for for a bone scan. But he might suggest that I have just been unlucky and that one incident of cracked ribs will have left them vulnerable to further breaks.

Time for an early night.