Saturday, January 29, 2011

 

Silly old woman in the mud.

I am surrounded by small packages this evening.
A couple of weeks ago Bill decided to take badges off a pin board that had held a sort of collection many years ago.
He created 27 lots with 3 - 6 badges in each with similar themes.
And today 23 of the lots sold. Each opening bid was just 99p; some sold for that but others sold for more than we expected.
So, things found at boot sales years ago are still bearing fruit and contributing towards our leisure fund.


Today we went to Ford - and it was not actually quite as cold as yesterday.
I haven't yet looked at things I bought - I'll photograph some tomorrow.

Breakfast was sociable - chatting with people we have met the last two Saturdays and conversation drifted off to other tables too. They told us of 2 charity shops in Littlehampton that we didn't know and we also visited one we have passed in the car. We bought a jacket, a nightgown and a cardigan for me and Bill found a cardigan too - an "old man's cardigan" he joked!

Then we went round to feed the swans.
But today they were quite threatening and I felt scared.
I opted to walk down to the water's edge and throw bits of biscuit to the sea gulls instead.



You might be able to see that below me, right by the water is a band of mud. It was low tide.
Why did I walk on it?
I continued to throw bits of biscuit in the air to watch the seagulls catch their titbits.
Then my foot slid down the mud and I landed flat on my back.
It didn't hurt very much, but of course I couldn't get up.
I eased myself up the slope on my bum so that Bill and a helper could hoist me up.
My coat has been washed and my boots and little bag cleaned up.
I feel stiff and achy and have taken ibuprofen.
The pain is a bit like a cracked rib. I assume that pain will ease.
If it doesn't and I feel that the ribs have cracked again I would be concerned about the state of my bones. But I shouldn't get ahead of myself should I?


No picture of me lying in the mud, but you can see how oozy and mucky it is and spattered with swan poo too.

And today has been a great day for Sussex by the sea football teams.
Both Crawley and Brighton were playing teams which on paper are superior. But both our clubs are in a very successful period and both are hoping for promotion.
Both Crawley and Brighton won and have progressed to the last 16 of the FA Cup.
I wonder who they will be drawn against - not with each other I hope.
Crawley really want one of the very top teams to finance their promotion to the main football league.

Bed time now - think we will give the Dorking boot sale one more try in the morning.