Sunday, January 30, 2011

 

Stay at Home Sunday

I woke early; Bill seemed very cosy and content snuggled under the duvet, whilst I was hurting.

It was very cold outside.
All in all that made 3 good reasons why we should not bother with the Dorking boot sale this week.



I am still hurting - the pain increases. Surely not my ribs?
We'll see.



We have spent time today describing for EBay - I did 15 items and Bill listed 14. Bill has 11 lots of old glass slides for sale - mostly being sold singly. We both have bids already.
I had photographed 8 things from the garage shelves - some more of my Festival of Britain collection, a couple of crested china items and 3 bits that I had had for ages and always meant to take to the shop but always rejected them in favour of other things. I want them gone from my life
now, so I started the bidding at 99p - it is one of those that has the bid.


Black, negro, African stuff is quite collected - but maybe not in Dorking!
The light does make this woman look rather fierce!

I followed this up by taking pictures of things bought at Ford yesterday.


I do quite well with old cookery books.
The She Quickie Cookbook doesn't seem very old - but it was the 1960s bible for young housewives. I must look out some recipes before it goes.


This is not old - probably made yesterday!
It is a heavy glass dish bowl made by a small Italian company.

Here is another Murero glass item.


This decanter and glasses were not bought by me at Ford. I won the set at the recent post card club raffle.
It would seem to be of quite good quality - but what do I know? Perhaps glass experts in the shop will be able to tell me.

I love these 1950s blankets.

A pair of Steiff toys.


Buttons on their card, if they show the right sort of style are always collected.

Sport was in my thoughts today.
Our man (Andy Murray) in the final of the Australian tennis did not find the skill and strength to be the champion.
And talking of champions - yes, Crawley have champions to beat in the next round of the FA Cup. The team and many supporters will be off to Old Trafford to watch the lads play Manchester United.
I think we can assume that Crawley will not win the game - but they will get massive funds to boost the coffers.
I believe they have the dream draw that they would have wanted.
Tomorrow we will be off to the shop - I shall have a box of things, as yet not written up in my book or priced for the shop shelves.
And I have a bag of parcels - 14 at the moment.