Wednesday, February 02, 2011

 

Health problems abound.

This has been a difficult day for many.
It has had its problems for me too.
Bill's sister, Jane was due to have a knee replacement this week, but for the second time the operation has been cancelled. This is more than disappointing because she has other health problems and her body has to be prepared for surgery and she has injections to get levels of body chemicals right. She is angry and feels she has been treated badly.
I had a long chat with my hair dresser, Rob. He knows of my stoma bag and realises that I can listen to all sorts of bodily tales. His partner has some major digestive problems, has had 5 operations and is still no further forward. It might be Crohns, but then again it might not.
My hair looks good - it needed tidying.
Worse than all that is the news that Liz has travelled back to her parent's home in Fleetwood because her father is gravely ill in intensive care.
He suffered a fall, which led to the ambulance being called - and he has pneumonia (which he was ignoring, as best as one can ignore a serious lung infection).
The prognosis may not be good.
So, me walking with a limp all day doesn't seem to be much of a problem. But it has made things difficult and there was pain. I think this stems from the fact that when I fell last Saturday, one leg shot forward causing me to do an imitation of doing the splits - something I was never able to do, even when young.
I will have more sympathy now when a footballer is off sick with a "groin strain".
He wouldn't even be able to put his boots on. I found it almost impossible to lift my foot enough to slip my foot into slippers!
We have shopped this afternoon and done other chores.
We totally forgot to ring the auction house to see if we had won any items in the sale today. I shall have to phone them in the morning and we might need a trip over to Denham's.
I want a cup of tea!