Tuesday, February 08, 2011

 

Words today, pictures tomorrow.


I am so very tired this evening.
It is a Tuesday evening and Tuesdays are traditionally my days of rest.
But when a Tuesday promises such a day of sunshine it should not be wasted.
We have been out.
Bill and I took very many photos (of course), but I am not ready to have them on a blog posting. I will pick out the very best for tomorrow.
It was almost impossible to take a bad photo today, the light was so good.
I confess to some pride in the photograph of wych hazel flowers that I opened today's blog with.
Our destination today was Sheffield Park. It is perhaps my favourite of the 3 most local National Trust places. We go less often because it is a bit further away than Nymans or Wakehurst.
The fantastic gardens were originally planned and laid out by the gardening maestro, Capability Brown.
Sheffield Park is a delight whatever the season.
We had lunch in the cafe there - it is not a National Trust cafe and I don't think the quality is up to much, although the prices are up about as high as they can go.
We talked of calling at The Bluebell Railway - one end or the other.
We opted for Horsted Keynes on the way home.
The railway is not running during the winter months, but we hoped for a browse round the station. But it was all shut up.
I guess it would have been the same at the Sheffield Park end.
I have chatted with Ashley. Once again, mother wishes she could wave a magic wand and make things right.
The solicitor doesn't have a magic wand, but I am desperately hoping that his strategy will work.
Advised by the estate agent, Ashley and Liz have been advised to alter their offer to £140,000, which is the amount that the survey advise that the house is currently worth. It is £10,000 less than the offer that was originally put in.
If that is what the bungalow is worth, then the vendor is unlikely to get more than that from anybody. I do hope she understands this soon and allows Ashley and Liz's bid.
If she is determined to hold out for more, then she will get stuck with an unsold property and she won't be able to move on.
My magic wand is waving wildly now - perhaps she will pick up vibrations from it, all those miles away, and follow the path that we would all want.
I look forward to sorting the photos for tomorrow. In fact all mine are now on facebook. I think maybe I should also have a Picasa account too, for non facebookers.