Monday, February 21, 2011

 

Monday is working day.

Oooh, I am tired this evening.
When we left home this morning I commented to Bill that as it was half term week, we might not be very busy at the shop.
Wrong!
We saw many people through the door and I guess Bill and I did most of the work. No, that wasn't a guess! I know it!
I took over a dozen parcels to the post office - good..... I got Reg again. He is my favourite counter clerk. He doesn't look down his nose at me because I already know the charges for the parcels and have a certificate of posting already written up.
Some can be so snooty about their extra special skills and think they should be on some sort of pedestal.
Reg thanks me for being organised and making sure we can get through the work without undue delays.
Both Bill and I spent money today - makes up for no hunting trips at the weekend.
I bought a small old teddy bear. It is made by Berg, an Austrian company who blossomed on Steiff coat tails. It is about 1920s, straw filled and wearing some cotton check dungarees. I had already spent some time trying to find out what I could about Berg bears - they are still being made.
I actually believe the old couple that other people in the business had told them it is worth about £100.
I will not lose on the £50 I gave them and hopefully there will be some profit there for me.
I will photograph him tomorrow.
But right now I am looking forward to a cuppa and then bed.

I must add that I discovered this evening that I have some very distant relatives in Tripoli.
I am in facebook contact with Natasha - on a branch of my mother's family tree. Natasha's mother, her sisters and her niece live there.
Now my fears for an imminent implosion in Libya seem to feel much stronger fears.
In Iraq, we caused it to happen.....remove the evil dictator and leave a vacuum and instability results.
In other Middle Eastern Countries (or Arab countries, for Libya is hardly Middle East) people are attempting to create that same situation.
If Gadaffi is felled, others will struggle to get into that vacuum and seize the power.
It might sound like that I am in favour of backing the evil dictators - but that is very far from the truth; just be careful people about what you wish for.