Saturday, February 26, 2011

 

Here we go again.

Yawning!
I can't stop yawning!
I am not enjoying this overwhelming feeling of tiredness, but at least the nausea has worn off.
Have we been here before? You bet!
I am assuming that this is self inflicted exhaustion and discomfort ( I won't go in to that!). I have succumbed to wheat once again.
At least I know the cure. All will be well.
Patience and discipline must be my medicine.

The day began early. We went to Ford. I believed the Met Office web site and, again, they had things perfectly right. It was damp and dark when we left home, by the time we reached Arundel there were some patches of blue sky and at Ford there were was strong sunshine.
I have an interesting collection of things on the table beside me to get written up when I have energy tomorrow.

We breakfasted in Littlehampton - maybe for the last time in Wetherspoon's for a while. The Balaton is open again and we almost went today. Next week I look forward to breakfast by the river.

We had noticed that as the skies cleared, the temperature dropped a bit - maybe it was the northerly wind that caused it. We decided we didn't fancy being out in the wind anymore and we chose a completely different thing to do after our meal - we went visiting instead.
Bill's cousin, Pat, lives at Goring, which is only a short drive from Littlehampton.
We had a very pleasant three hours chatting and catching up with news.
The plan is to arrange a get together when more of the cousins can meet up and chat. Pat specifically asked after cousin Ann of Godstone, who we see quite often.

We got home about 4 o'clock.
And what have I done since then? Nothing!
Idled, watched TV and slept.
I have an unopened envelope beside me - I know it is a cheque for an EBay item and I must acknowledge that before I go to bed.

I am hoping that a lack of response from a distant cousin on Facebook means that instead of sitting by the computer waiting for news, she has been away meeting her mother and sister off the last plane out of Tripoli.

Time for drink. Wheat eating always leaves me terribly thirsty.