Saturday, March 05, 2011

 

The north wind doth blow...and yes, snow has been mentioned.

So where did that come from? The wintry wind, I mean.
We were at Ford by about quarter to eight and it felt like the coldest place on earth.
In truth the temperature has been lower of course, but the north wind cut like a knife.
I had 2 pairs of gloves on to push my shopping trolley, but my hands still were too cold.
One stall holder commented that if she had realised, she would have stayed in bed.
And yet there were huge numbers who hadn't realised and the car boot sale was the biggest we have seen since the warm days of last autumn.
That was a shame really - because, cold or no cold, one can't leave until one has seen everything.
I bought things this morning; Bill bought very little. We both found it hard to concentrate on the job in hand.
I am pleased with what I found. I haven't photographed it this week. I am most pleased with a blue and white striped TG Green round butter dish. Old TG Green with the name of the contents on - storage jars and the like - fetch quite good money.

But we were actually glad to leave and seek out warmth and food.
Today we returned to the Balaton.
The family are well after their long winter break.



When we arrived there quite a lot of people at the tables. Our favourite spot is by the window of course. The family there moved on shortly after we got settled.
Later another couple and their grand daughter had that table - also very cold from being at Ford.
If you enlarge the picture you will be able to see boats on the river.

On the way back to the car I fed swans and gulls. They didn't get all of it because I dropped the bread bag down into the water .

We had no enthusiasm for any further walking about, so we were home quite early.
I sat down with my purchases - and things from last week, and got it all written up whilst watching the European Indoor Athletics Championships. There were some good competitions - and how the French have risen up to the top of the pile just now!
But GB has medals too.

I guess I don't feel cold now - the house is plenty warm enough.
But my body still feels tense.
Tomorrow I think we will stay at home. We need some time to sort out what we need to take away for our little jaunt this week.....if you can call 900 miles a little jaunt!

Time for a cup of tea I think - always relaxing.
I hope you have not been feeling too cold today. The Thailand Monks are actually feeling hot, I guess.