Monday, March 07, 2011

 

Monday - beginning of an out of routine week.

I am not noticeably stressed.
But I am feeling completely drained - a sure sign that stress is playing a part.
Bill often feels like this on a Monday - the routines of the shop and having to work with the foibles and habits of others can be difficult for him. He would never grumble of course.
I think my stress right now hinges more on the days to come than the day which has passed.
Life should be simple and require little thought - going away needs some planning for. And this is a jaunt a with some unknowns.

Maybe a certain amount of stress has crept in because this is the first Monday in March. On the first Monday in 1967 it was a lovely sunny day - without the chilly wind that was blowing today to give the sunshine a sharp edge.
The reason I remember it so well?
It was the day my mother died.

It was a very quiet day in the shop. Disappointing!
Monika and I spent some time doing Sudoku puzzles.
I sold 2 Ladybird books today. The week, however, has been good again - lots sold and much of it from my collectable kitchen shelves.

It is only 9 o'clock, but my thoughts are turning to bed.
It would be better to sleep now and then get up early to sort out the clothes I need.
I wish I could take just the barest minimum, but I can't. I have to think about the urgent need that happens occasionally for a complete change of clothes (bag leak). I am sure it won't happen this week - but you never can tell.

We intend to be away by about 10 o'clock in the morning.
I might do a little blogging and facebooking on Pete's computer whilst we are there. But it is not so very important I guess.
I'll just have to get a Blackberry!
We return on Friday evening.