Sunday, March 06, 2011

 

Science lessons

It seems to be hard work having quiet, chilled out days.
I am struggling to stay awake.

I suppose I have been busy with little things - the things to do list is marked with ticks.
I have dealt with EBay sales - one of which will be hand delivered on Tuesday to the person who wants a book on old Gravesend. I won't be charging for the book or the transportation - our friend Peter wants it; we will be staying with Pete and Jean for 2 nights close to Bangor.
Hmmm! I spent time wrapping the book well too!
I wrapped as I watched the last day of the European athletics.

We did pop out - we had to get some cat food - the sort that Frieda can cope with easily.

This evening I watched Professor Brian Cox. Where have I heard about the 2nd law of thermodynamics I wonder? That's right - it was what my Father was involved in as a student and during his first years as a junior lecturer.
Perhaps I understand it better now! Brian Cox seems to be able to combine science with romanticism and emotional responses which encourage better understanding than facts alone.
But the notion that at some point our entire universe will become nothing has lost me. But laws of thermodynamics do specify this.
I thought I had grasped the concept that matter cannot be destroyed - only altered.
It seems in trillions of trillions of years ahead matter will have become nothing.
Perhaps next week I will learn more.

Right, 2 more payments have come in.
Maybe I should deal with them now, so as to avoid the semi panic as we seek to get everything done before going to the shop.

http://phuket-weather.blogspot.com/2011/03/hot-season-in-phuket.html
Jamie's latest ramble through weather and life.