Sunday, March 13, 2011

 

By the sea and on the hills

We shouldn't have done it!
It was not worthwhile and we didn't have the energy for it.
But I wanted to be at a car boot sale of course.
We chose to go to Brighton. The car boot sale that used to be held at Brighton Station was a mecca for the wheelers and dealers of Sussex, rumoured to attract the dodgy dealers who arrived before dawn.
Redevelopment ended all that.
A new site was found on the top storey of the car park at The Marina. I had heard that this sale had lost its soul and many of the dealers; this morning we saw that that was largely true.
Mind you the weather was not likely to attract a crowd.
It was murky - a bit misty and drizzly.
So what did we find? I bought 2 books - Symington's Cookery Book and a book of national proverbs to amuse.
I also indulged my passion for home made chutneys - paying money for somebody else to provide me with a wide variety.
We called in at another boot sale in Brighton on the way home - not much there either.
I am tapping away on a replacement keyboard bought there.
I bought an M & S cardigan for me and a couple of items of clothing which will be e-bayed.
Despite the weather, maybe because of it - we decided to drive up to Devil's Dyke on the way back home.
We were driving in thick fog/clouds.


The pub sign shows the sort of views one might hope for.


But there were no views for us today.

No views for the dog walkers either.


I imagine that the squawking crow is uttering squawks of disgust!



And here is a website picture taken on a beautiful summer's day.
We were home by 10 o'clock.
I cooked some breakfast - left over mashed potato and veg with eggs and tomato.
We watched a nature programme based in Sussex as we ate - but both fell quite deeply asleep before the end.
We have yawned the rest of the day - no energy, no oomph!
Maybe I shall go and watch Professor Brian Cox in bed.....but then again, perhaps not. I would be bound to fall asleep.
I'll make a cup of tea and enjoy the programme downstairs.....where, who is to say I shall not fall asleep again?
Scroll down to see some pictures of us and our friends on Llanbedrog Beach in North Wales.