Wednesday, March 23, 2011

 

Oh what a beautiful morning....and day.

It all feels so different in the sunshine.
Today has been lovely - I walked to the post office with no jacket and my toes appeared for the first time since maybe Thailand. I pulled out my comfy sandals and didn't need socks.
I really would enjoy the winter more if, when we got to this day, we could feel confident that Spring and Summer would be a continuous time
of sunshine. But we all know about the ups and downs of our weather.
And I have already heard of dangers of water shortages later on in the year. So rain is a good thing too!
Nevertheless I think we can trust tomorrow to give us clear skies and some warmth.
I certainly hope so, for the car is loaded and we will set up a stall at the Thursday car boot sale at Ford.
This will mean being up early in the morning - we should be there by half past seven. If we ever decided to do a Saturday sale then we would be best arriving by about half past five or six o'clock and waiting in the queue to get on - that's what most people do.
I described 3 items of clothing today for Ebay and 3 brooches. No bids yet, but watchers on a Laura Ashley dress and one of the brooches.

Fifteen years ago at this time we would have been dining with Liz's parents after Ashley and Liz's wedding in Aberyswyth. It has been so interesting and poignant to read Liz's memories that she read as a tribute to her father at the memorial on Monday. I have missed knowing a gem! Other people have commented on Liz's words on Facebook - people who had the time over the years to know the man. Basically we had just the one meal with him fifteen years ago; though we met him sometimes when we went to stay with Ashley and Liz in Fleetwood.

And now to Newcastle. Work has started on the roof of the bungalow. Ashley continues to tear his arms and hands to shreds attempting to clear the garden of ivy and discovered a length of wall under the ivy!
Ivy was used to entertain as well.








Ecky looks so cool and grown up!
She starts at her new school on Monday.

Time to get Bill a drink. He is feeling so tired and lacking in oomph. I feel a bit guilty wanting to do a boot sale. I think I need to find a friend who could help me in the future.
In the summer maybe Jo and I could both go and sell at Edenbridge (an afternoon sale, so no early start)