Saturday, April 09, 2011

 

Buying and Selling Saturday

Lots of buying and lots of selling.
That sums up the day.
I have been writing up the bought books in my stock file - about 30 of them today and all about Sussex.
The dining room table is covered with stuff.

We were at Ford, of course, this morning.
It was so big - it takes about 3 hours to look round all the stalls - and that's with striding by the ones we deem will have nothing for us.

We needed a sit down and our breakfast - Wetherspoons this week.

What we didn't need was much of a walk after breakfast. We strolled a little by the river.

We headed home, via Pulborough. We stopped to have a look at a lovely antiques centre, called The Corn Store. I shall have to keep it in mind, if ever Pilgrims closes.
We bought more.

Then it was home to prepare for selling - EBay  selling. That was fun and hectic.
You may recall that I had brought 6 items home after our car boot sale stall just to see what would happen. I had spent £18 on this stock and assumed that much of the money was lost. Not so - these things sold for £70.
Bill had some boxed modern models which looked as though would remain unsold.
Not so - they are off to The Czech Republic.
The stupid thing is that it is cheaper to send the models in 2 parcels than put them together in a large box and send 1.













And this small folding Rabone ruler is off to the USA for £58. The buyer calls himself ruler man; so on the assumption that he knows something about rulers I have asked his advice on the long one with the curved edge that we bought last week.

This evening I finally got around to seeing the film Mama Mia. I know, almost everybody who might want to see this film saw it long ago.
It was good fun.
Meryl Streep was good; Pierce Brosnan was wooden and I didn't know what she saw in him!
The music is just wow! I was always an Abba fan, even when it was very uncool.

The best news Crawley news of the day is that our football team has won promotion into the Football League.
Now we await Brighton also gaining promotion.

I watched The Grand National, picking out 4 horses before the start of the race.
I don't know how I do it, but when I pick horses before seeing a race on TV I very often get a 2nd place.
And so it was today.
I apologised to Oscar Time and his rider as they galloped to the front - feeling sure that would eventually come in as runners up.

Time for bed. I am sure I should rest more - but the good weather will tempt out buying once again tomorrow. I may persuade Bill to stay home and watch the Grand Prix.