Friday, April 01, 2011

 

Birthday cards

Happy birthday!
It must be somebody's birthday today - I have handled so many birthday cards.
Over the last months I have acquired a bumper bundle of 1950s birthday cards for children. The art work and style is oh so different from now and they are collected and used in projects.
I used to have them in Rocking Horse and now will have a box full in Pilgrims.
I prefer that each card is displayed in a clear cellophane wrapper to protect it. So, today I have cut over 100 to the correct size so that I have them ready to take to shop on Monday.

I have also dealt with 3 successful sales on EBay and stupidly listed some items that did not sell a month ago.
This is stupid because I did it today; firstly because if I list things on a Friday for 10 days, then they finish on a Monday when I already have lots to do. and secondly because it is a free listing weekend.
I have gathered a few bits that can try their luck this weekend, including a small straw filled teddy made in Austria that I probably paid too much for from somebody who bought it into the shop.






























As you see, we can be sure he is straw filled because you can see the straw!
He has lost his pads.
I would rather offer him for sale as he is though and allow somebody more skilled than me to repair him properly.