Tuesday, April 05, 2011

 

Dull pot and dull clouds.

Quite early on in my morning routine I switch the computer on.
I always want to see if there has been any EBay activity during the night.
This morning I was delighted by what I saw.
A year ago I bought a studio pottery vase; a little research revealed that the initials AH on the base were those used by Agnete Hoy. I had not heard of her and I wasn't sure that she would be a potter that  people collect.
I took the vase to the shop with a £10 asking price.
And there is stayed for a year. Nobody wanted it.
So a couple of weeks ago I took it to the car boot sale where we sold things.
Nobody wanted it for £2.
When we sorted out things to reject completely at the end of the sale, I kept back my Agnete Hoy and a few other bits.
These items were photographed and described and the wide world could put in  a bid of 99p.
This morning Agnete Hoy had suddenly jumped up to to £26.12. So, more than one person out there is wanting to buy.
The vase is actually quite dull, in my opinion.

























The main aim of the day - apart from regaining some energy after busy days - was to clear the dining room table.
This has been achieved.
The most time consuming part was the ephemera - paper items that need protecting with cellophane.

I began to watch a fascinating programme this evening - an appreciation of clouds.
But I have seen it before - led me to wonder once if I should join the cloud appreciation society.
Much as I love cumulus clouds, I can't say I really see much beauty in the dull flat cover of stratus cloud that we have had today.

Jamie has news of Thai weather on his blog.
http://phuket-weather.blogspot.com/2011/04/sunny-april-please.html
Mam and the  children are in Chumphon with Mam's family just now and for much of the time it was very wet.
And this is not the rainy season.
We have had the driest March in a long time in the UK - Thailand has had the wettest.