Thursday, April 07, 2011

 

Fletching Sussex

The sun shines on...how lovely!

But today has been routine with house cleaning and ironing on the agenda.
So, I will look back to the second part of our lovely day out yesterday.


Our plan had been to go to the Duddleswell tea room - but it was shut. I must check when it is actually open.

We looked at the map and decided to drive through Fletching and stop for tea at Heaven Farm. I thought I had never been to Fletching, but once there we recalled that we had been there once a few years ago now and in the dark. Bill's cousin David and his wife Jeanne had their Golden Wedding party in Fletching village hall. David and Jeanne farm quite close by.
We said at the time that we should return and explore.

So we parked behind the village hall and walked out into the main street. There was a shop along the road which did teas.
But opposite a couple sat outside The Rose and Crown with large cups of tea.
We wandered over.
"Can I help?" asked the woman.
We explained that we were hoping for some tea.
"I could do that for you," she said -"though we are not actually open".
She was on hand actually to await the mourners at a wake who would meet up there after the funeral in the church.
She carried a tray out to a chair and table in the back garden, where we sat in glorious sunshine enjoying tea, flowers, bird song and the surrounding old houses.

From there we walked along the street and round to the church.
The funeral was now over and so we explored inside the church too. We chatted to a lovely vicar - a friendly elegant woman, wearing a suit that I coveted!
The pictures that follow tell of our time in Fletching.




















Fletching - wonderful!

New way of blog working - not so good! I have not yet spent time working out how to place my pictures where I want them.
But not tonight - time for bed.
Other people say they have not noticed anything different.
Why me?
Anyway, there are dozens of people who would have looked already on facebook where I put many more photos. Thank you to those who had commented that they liked the photos within minutes of me posting them on FB.

Labels: