Tuesday, April 12, 2011

 

Getting on with the list

First job of the day? Make a list.
It was a long list - a list of things to do.
If I jot things down, from the tiniest of tasks, through the pleasures of contacting people to the sometimes satisfying housework, then I am more likely to remember to do it.
It is no good allowing a thought to flit across my brain - like "I really should contact Linda, both Lindas actually." The thought seems to fly off again..... this evening I suddenly thought of Linda Sussex and wondered how she is after her heart surgery. That was 2 weeks ago!
Fortunately Linda Canada contacted me today - good to have my brain prodded like that.

Mind you there has been little chance to contact people today - other things on the list took up my time - wrapping parcels and the like. Twelve more things posted off to folks today.

One item that will not find its way onto to EBay is the lemon pot.
I described it as rubbish yesterday. It probably is, but having it in the kitchen today has made me smile.





























Bill took a few flower pictures after snapping me in the garden.
This is 'Boat Eggcup Cottage' flower.
Many years ago - 39 actually, we stayed in a  North Norfolk
cottage.
Amongst the supplied kitchen equipment were eggcups -
plastic eggcups with a surround.
Two year old Jamie loved his boat eggcup.
Before we left the cottage we dug a small specimen of aubretia from their garden
which has flourished in ours.
I do like cowslips.

I also had cooking things to do on my list - like deal with the big bags of apples and pears I bought at Ford on Saturday. We now have a huge bowl of stewed fruit. And I sorted out a tasty something with the remains of a Sunday beef joint.

Bill had different things on his list.
First he had an appointment with an insulation man who was calling at 9 o'clock. We have been pestered about insulation a few times - well, I call it being pestered! But putting any thoughts on the subject out of mind for a while has paid off. We can now have super duper loft insulation done for us at no charge, because Bill is 70 years old.
Next Bill had an appointment with the dentist - 2, maybe 3 fillings.

My list is not all ticked off - some of it will hang over until tomorrow, or even later in the week.
But I have done well today.