Monday, March 22, 2010

 

Monday in Dorking.

First I was cold and then later in the day I felt much too hot.......
another symptom of the over active thyroid.
Mind you I also got hot because I went out and bought an extra jumper from a charity shop. I bought two actually - and Bill claimed the second one for the day, for he was also feeling cold.

I also got busy - back and forth, up and down the shop selecting items for photographs.
The new window display is about Spring and Easter. My blog will focus on that next week.
Today I picked a random theme - metalware. I will sort that out tomorrow.

We were not bothered by customers very much this morning. There was time to arrange new stock and eat cake with cups of tea.

It got busy again during the afternoon - we normally seem to sell lots during our afternoons.
Both Bill and I sold things today.
There is hardly a day at the moment when we don't.
Our items are at the bottom end of the scale I would think - one of my sales was for one of the naff, but cute, little birds that I bought in from somebody recently.
We also sold 4 absolutely beautiful coffee cups and saucers, which Jonathan agreed (when we phoned him) could be reduced from £49 each to £40. The buyer is a dealer herself.
Jonathan does have some fine stuff to enjoy looking at.
I have looked at those cups and saucers for a few weeks now with a certain longing.

Amongst Bill's fresh stock was a clock.
He bought it yesterday. It chimes beautifully - and was doing it perfectly, at the right time at home.
In the shop it went crazy! Clocks do object to being moved.
It protested by chiming about 37 o'clock!
In the end Bill decided to leave it there and hope it might settle down.


Here he is, with the clock - and not looking very frustrated at all.

We'll ring tomorrow and see if it is frustrating the Tuesday people!

We left late tonight, leaving Monika still working. She stayed to finish serving the dealer who bought the coffee cups and saucers. She was buying still more things.

Right, Bill has just got back from buying some milk. Time to put the kettle on I think.
And both our weary bodies will be enjoying an early night.

Jamie has described a much more interesting day on his blog - a day of festival in Phuket, with lots of colour and history. And of course Jamie took lots of photos.
http://networkedblogs.com/p30032813

Labels: