Sunday, March 21, 2010

 

Family portrait gallery.

I am oh so tired today - have been dozing on the sofa during the afternoon.
It is good to have a reason for the tiredness.
One of the reasons is sort of self inflicted - a late night!
We went to Bill's sister for quite a family gathering.
Newcomers to my world may not realise that Bill is the eldest of ten children, so even a small gathering of brothers and sisters and spouses can be quite large.
Yesterday 6 of them were able to be together - Bill, Jane, Pam, Ros, Michael and Lesley.
Also with us was our nephew Antony - the actor! We have spent 2 Saturday evenings running with Antony.
We talked and laughed and ate and drank.
We were the first to leave because, sadly, I was wilting. It was almost midnight.
It will be good to start sorting out the over active thyroid problem - my stamina might improve.

This morning there was still drizzle and we decided we were not up to a long day out.
So, off to Dorking and Horley again.
Bill bought another Westminster chime mantle clock,
I have my usual bits and pieces. One item I have begun to research - a studio pottery vase by Agnete Hoe. She was born of Danish parents in Southall in 1914. She worked for various companies, including Royal Doulton and in her latter years set up her own studio.
I have not yet found any potential values for her work - but as I paid just £3 for it I think I can hope for some profit.

We were back home by 9 o'clock and we cooked some breakfast. Hooray - no more cooking today!
Just lots of cups of tea!

Pictures today are mostly for the benefit of Bill's family - those near and far.
I have looked at the brothers and sisters who were with us yesterday evening from the then and now standpoint.
The recent ones were all taken within the last 10 years.
The early ones were all school photos.

I start with the oldest.

Here is Bill, aged 5.
This one was taken earlier this year at Pilgrims Antiques.
It is a shame that Julia was away for the weekend. She is the eldest girl.

This is Jane.
Sheila comes next, but she rarely joins small family gatherings these days.


Pam.



Rosalyn. The recent one is with her grandson, Ryan.
We wondered if Andrew might join us. But he obviously got delayed elsewhere.


Michael. He was always known as Michael as a child, but has since adopted Mick as his name.
His siblings still say Michael.


Lesley.
Lesley was bridesmaid at our wedding.
The youngest brother, Ian, lives in Edinburgh.


And I didn't want to leave Antony out of the portrait gallery - even though he is from the next generation.
I must stir my weary limbs and pack a box of things to take to the shop tomorrow.
Then, make another cup of tea and doze again!

Labels: