Thursday, March 18, 2010

 

Being over active - Bill, my thyroid and the phormium

I feel rather guilty complaining about feeling so tired again.
It is Bill who has done hard physical work and his muscles may well be aching.
But I feel exhausted.
For the first time I am tempted to take the diagnosis of over active thyroid gland seriously - because extreme fatigue is one of the symptoms.
So is a "gipping flut"; well, I have had that for years. It is worse just now and I put that down to dutifully taking the calcium supplement.
Another symptom is losing weight - and I have been surprised that no matter how much I stuff into me I don't put any weight on.
Another symptom is thirst - and I do suddenly need to drink much more often; and I am not diabetic.
I shall be glad to get something sorted out if there is a problem.
But yet again I need an early night - bedtime is creeping earlier and earlier these days.

This morning we went to see Jenny and catch up with news and give our birthday present.
This afternoon I didn't do much.
Bill went out and took out a great deal of the "triffid" out. It looks nothing like the triffid in the John Wyndham book, but is like it because the triffids took over.
I believe it is a phormium - interesting and exciting in the right place no doubt - but really too much for our small patch.
Its one advantage is that it helps provide a little privacy as I sit and work (and play) at the computer from the people who walk along the pavement outside. At the moment the numbers of such people are few - but by the end of the year when the medical centre is open there will be people back and forth and into the centre all day long.
Bill has had to work really hard.

Right - I am not thinking very clearly. I will call it a day. Goodnight.