Thursday, March 11, 2010

 

Better in than out.

As instructed by Mr Clinton, today has been a quiet day - quiet, but busy.
I have felt pretty good, with paracetamol holding some minor pain at bay.

I have just plucked up the courage to rinse my mouth with warm salty water, as instructed.
I found myself feeling really nervous about removing the denture. I don't know what I was nervous of - maybe I thought it would pull on the clotting blood in the holes.
Oh, sorry Mo - don't let your Roger see this! He might not want the graphic details the evening before his ordeal in the chair.
I also feared seeing what I looked like without the denture. In a word - completely horrid!
I have just the 2 canine teeth at the top visible.
It is absolutely imperative that I must never be seen without the denture in public. Cleaning must be done quickly and in private.
But at least I have done the rinsing once now and I found it to be soothing.

In contrast to the horrendous sight without the denture, I am really pleased with how things look when it is in place.
It might not seem a great change to you.
Fortunately I never allowed myself to feel too self conscious about my rotting teeth - always preferring to be seen smiling than not.
But now I can smile, knowing that at least my teeth don't let my looks down - apart from the fact that they are big rabbit teeth!


Teddy played a big part in yesterday's procedure, so he came out to share the limelight with me.
Teddy is soft and very squeezable - Bill gave him to me in my early days of hospital treatment in 1991. Teddy has shared many difficult experiences with me.

I am pleased that during the day Bill and I have cleared the dining room table - still piled with things bought at the weekend - all those books.
Everything is written up in my stock file.
The books have also been scanned so that they are ready now for suitable descriptions for EBay. I doubt if I will get them all done during March.
I also had the bird ornaments to write up - the 17 I bought from a woman on Monday. Jamie was surprised that I gave her more than she asked for. If nothing else, I would always want to be honest and fair - and £10 was just not enough.
And I also wanted her to be happy with what I had offered because she may come back with more things, more interesting things.

Time soon for a cup of tea - and I am looking forward to a slice of Beverley's carrot and walnut and apricot cake. She made a cake for us a while ago and I put some slices in the freezer.
How wonderful to have a special treat today.