Saturday, March 06, 2010

 

Cold, sunshine, buying, selling and perhaps identity theft.

It was much colder first thing this morning than either of us realised it would be.
The cold dominated our thoughts as we hunted amongst the stalls at Ford. It was a very big car boot sale today, but we seemed to find it difficult to buy.
I felt a bit better after I had spent an extra pound on a fleece top and my buying powers increased as my warmth increased.
I have bought some interesting coloured glass and some studio pottery.
I also bought a 1920s book called Cookery for the Middle Classes.
To be honest I think there is much there that the working classes might also have found suitable.
Bill bought a Napoleon (shape of Napoleon's hat) mantle clock with Westminster chimes.

We drove into Littlehampton for our breakfast at the Balaton.
At last we could begin to feel really warm and to feel the tension of cold leaving our bodies.
We had a brief walk to see the sea - the sun was out and glinting on the water. But we didn't feel like staying around for very long today.

And once home I found we had a problem to sort out.
I was unable to sign into My Ebay page.
My password was being ignored.
It seems that some "undesirable activity" had been spotted.
I was talked through the problem and I had to create a new password.
EBay are very good at sorting out a problem like this one.
We have now changed passwords on many things that need them - they are all different.

I had some items selling this afternoon - all things that had tried their luck before.
I thought I would share with you a brooch which will be going to Barnsley.
I was fascinated by the design and still can't quite understand why it was made and who for.



I bought it in January at Dorking from Michael - the one we hope to see again tomorrow to arrange when he might be able to come and deal with our kitchen flooring.

Time for a cup of tea and a wedge of lardy cake bought from the bread stall at Ford this morning.
Half past eight - the clock has just chimed the half hour. It is lovely.

Labels: