Friday, March 05, 2010

 

My sins and foolishness have been found out

OK - I confess it..... I am an idiot.
But it is easy to confess to my stupidity here; I am going to feel a lot more awkward when I have to explain myself to a doctor.
The doctor's surgery phoned this morning to tell me that the doctor would like me to have a blood test.
My last blood test was only 3 days ago!
I felt indignant - breakdown in communications I thought!

Now, as it happens, Bill had received a form from the doctor's in the post yesterday for his routine blood test and he was planning on being at the hospital this afternoon.
So we had a joint outing.
First I collected the form from the doctor.
Oh dear - I could see why they felt I should have the test done again.
The doctor might be hoping that it was a misread test result that recorded low calcium levels.
I know it was only my fault.

I can, of course, find excuses and explanations. But the root cause is that I haven't been taking my calcium supplement.
This began when I embarked on a lot of antibiotic treatment for the urine infection (which I believe I still have).
Antibiotics and calcium supplements upset the balance of a digestive system - and of course my system has very little balance anyway.
I just decided that I would take one - but not the other.
The plan was to re-start the calcium when off the antibiotics.
But I didn't do it.
It is nasty stuff and difficult to fit in with the other nasty stuff I drink down.

But now I have been found out, obviously calcium will get back into my medication regime.

This morning I described a few things for EBay.
Bill has fitted a part to our heating system that he ordered in the hope of keeping it going for a while longer.

The sun has been shining.

I can't stop yawning - I look forward to sleep.
Up early tomorrow for the car boot sale and somewhere else. Littlehampton again? Don't know yet.