Friday, March 19, 2010

 

The good things that come from computers.

Today I shall post some pictures from long ago and far away.
The pictures were mentioned during one of my afternoon's activities.

I was so pleased, for it was the first time Ekatarina and I have "chatted" together on the computers. She types so well and so quickly that our "conversations" were fun.
Ecky is very computer literate.
It wasn't long before we had a 3 way conversation going between me, Ecky and Jamie.
How wonderful are computers! Who would once have thought that my family would have been able to chat together whilst being so far apart.

Ecky also sent me an email with a copy of a sort of room she had created using one of the art programmes. I promised I would put it on the blog. I must also save it in her folder on this computer.


The pictures below were recalled because Jamie told us that he and the family would be going to James Bond Island tomorrow, taking Mam's sister there.
The scenery in Phang Nga Bay is spectacular and was the back drop for action in the James Bond film, Man with the Golden Gun.
I have been there twice now.
The last time was 3 years ago when we made the trip for Jamie's birthday.
This was during the holiday I spent there without Bill, before I knew how the rest of that year would turn out.


We have never been out to the island on the bigger tourist boats. Mam has always organised a small long tail boat and a boat man to take us where we wanted to go.


We are getting very close to James Bond Island.


The 4 J's on the island.


John and Jessica take to the water from the little beach on the island.

I hope that the trip tomorrow will be lots of fun.

I am not sure what we will be doing tomorrow. The plan had been to stay at home and fetch and carry for Mike, who would be laying the flooring.
He has rung to stay he hasn't been able to finish the job he has been doing and so he won't be able to come to us until next Saturday.
He is giving us a Saturday because our job is an extra - not part of his official work.

Ah well, we will have time to get used to the tiles we once had down in the living room, which we realise we like. We could never have kept them as the flooring now because over the years lots has happened to them - including the concrete strip across them where the wall used to be.

Maybe we won't go to Ford tomorrow. The weather forecast is not too good. Perhaps we will have a longer day out on Sunday to Fontwell and Chichester boot sales.

This morning I described more things for EBay. I will list them tomorrow afternoon.

I fell asleep again today after lunch.
I am OK now - but still looking forward to bedtime.