Sunday, July 07, 2013

 

Hot sun and setting sun.

You know that moment when you desperately wish you could turn the clock back and it feels so frustrating because it can't be done?
That's where I am right now.
One day I may share the details......but for now I just feel so cross with myself.
Shame really because it has been a lovely day.
Really hot - just as I like it.
It was the Sussex championships of for the Under 13s today, with other events too. This included a Quad Kids event.....4 events for Under 11s to gain points and certificates and then medals for the first three.
There were many youngsters competing. The enthusiasm and cheering created a great atmosphere.
Afterwards we went for a light meal and then home over The Downs.
Last week we had seen poppies on the Downs above Brighton and I thought it would be worth stopping.
It was getting late and sunset was imminent.





























































Oh, and of course the words "No British man has won Wimbledon since 1936" have been sent to the rubbish bin.
Well done Andy Murray.....and all the others whose dreams came true today.