Sunday, April 07, 2013

 

Sunday roast later.

The day has hardly begun really - just after midday.
The sun is shining, the air is crisp, the light is bright.....and we will be going out a bit later.

We are going to my cousin's for the afternoon and evening.
Another of my cousin's and his son will have spent two long happy days at Brands Hatch with the super bikes.
There will be a roast dinner ready on their return.

This morning we enjoyed a brunch....left over food, eggs, hand cured bacon from the farm shop etc.
Very good.
I hope it gave Bill enough energy to go out into the fields......well I mean lawns actually, but after months of no attention they are looking very much like meadows.
He has gradually removed layers of clothing......just as well he has almost finished now!

I have tidied up and got things ready for the shop tomorrow.
Here are some of the things I bought yesterday.


I actually bought this fine animal at the farm shop.

A small corner has been taken over by a seller of second hand kitchen/country bits and pieces.

It is made by Mulholland and Bailie and would have been expensive when new.....£50 plus.
It is in super condition.

























I had already bought juvenile items at Ford.

Children's chairs tend to sell well.
The Noddy waste paper bin is quite modern.....must remove the bar code from the bottom before displaying it in the shop.



























The old stone hot water bottles make interesting ornaments in a kitchen or attractive door stops.
Bill thought I shouldn't have bought the flour bin....."It's chipped".
"That's part of its appeal, Bill"












The little tomatoes look so real.


Cake plate by Wedgwood.

The cup cake makers of today like to display their arts on pretty plates.



























And so - let's make a cup of tea for Bill (and me).
I'll catch up with blogland tomorrow evening.